Friday, August 05, 2005

they are widening the corridor and adding more lanes

I am going to start trying to live comfort eagle. I will join the holly cult of the SEO GODS! I am going to spend the next 4 days (weekends don’t count) in sunny California learning all about the latest and greatest wizbang ideas in the world of SEO and SEM (look ma new acronym! Its all about the buzz acronyms now) I guess along those lines I am going to be LCE . after that I get to spend a day in the city where the company I work for has its headquarters. This is also going to be the day I get fired! Not really but its is going to be fun to see how well I can hold my tongue for some reason pretty is more important then ranking. I will make this blanket statement that will contradict all of my spouting off about Americans lack of aesthetics. Peaty has no place in the early design stage of a web site developed for maximum exposure. There now I have said it and I feel better for it. now to explain what I mean it is less important what a site looks like at first until you have a good framework in place then put your designers in there box and let them work. Not the other way around you should never build a design that is set in stone then ask a developer to build a framework behind it. I am a little extreme on this but that is because when I build a design I know enough to think about the framework during the design process I also am willing to change the design if need be to fit the framework. The number one priority of any business web site should be to drive sales and you do this by making it easy to use, quick to load, responsive, and SEO FRIENDLY. If you get every thing other then the seo friendly part you will still lose because the only people that will ever see it are the people you buy through ppc or some other type of paid traffic model. On the other hand f it is piss ugly and well ranked(read Sseo friendly) you will get sales and if you are very well ranked you will get lots of orders. I have to tone down how I say it but right now it’s a simple choice they can be pretty and lose or they can bend some (not a lot), get ranked, and win. I think they are going to choose to lose and I know that after that I will have some trouble watching what I say about that choice even though I know its there’s to make and not mine. My job isn’t to get the sites I work on ranked it is to offer advice on how to get them ranked and then implement the items they chose for me from the ones presented. Now if I say that last sentence enough I think it will stick by next Friday. Quick fenny make a sign “will code and grumble for food”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home