Friday, February 17, 2006

He who has all the gold toys makes the rules

There is an old saying that the true golden rule is "he who has all the gold makes the rules" that only really applies if you care about the gold. Personally I think gold is overrated but I understand the sentiment. If someone has what you want then they can control what you do and how you do it. In my case its about toys but the good thing with my love being toys is that the rules are defined and set all I need is … well……gold…. so I guess gold has some value to me but I have enough for the toys I want so we are all good. I received my new laptop the other day and have been busy busy getting it set the way I want. It will still take me a few more days to get it all worked out the way I want it to be but that’s just because it is new hardware and it is fun to play with it to see how I can make it sit up and sing for me.
Quick specs

  • Intel core duo 2.0g processor

  • 17" wuxga screen

  • 2g of ram

  • nvidia geForce 7800 GO w/256m of ram on the video card
  • (and this is not shared ram with the system it is dedicated ram for the video card

  • 60g SATA 7200 RPM HD
  • (yes it’s a little small I will upgrade that part)


Everything else is pretty standard

  • WIFI a/b/g

  • Bluetooth

  • 9 cell bat

  • 3 year accidental damage + service



The worst part about a machine like this is that it cost me more in one chunk then I paid for my car over the last 12 months. But I figure since it is a laptop that I can't piece it together over time like a desktop so I had to get most of what I wanted for 2 to 3 years upfront. I have it running win 2k3 + winXP I got visual studio on it also and it is FAST FAST FAST. It is the fastest bit of kit I have ever bought in one piece in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home