Monday, November 14, 2005

What I want to be when I grow up

When I grow up I want to be a 12 year old. And stay there. 12 was the perfect age.
By 12 I had learned
  • how to read comics
  • how to buy them without my parents being in the store at the time
  • how to use the vcr and tape player (I feel old when spell check knows dvd but not vcr)
  • how to drive (not that I was allowed to do so on the road)
  • and why girls look different and how that’s a good thing
And by 12 I had not truly learned
  • to hurt so bad that you thought your heart would burst
  • how to be afraid of what someone else might think
  • moderation
  • how to function with enough alcohol in my blood that I should be dead
  • how to worry
  • and why girls look different and how that’s a good thing (I don’t know if you ever know if you know this and that’s why its fun)

Along with this I will list the things I have learned from someone who is not yet 12 (my son)
  • that there is someone more important then me
  • how to worry
  • who to look at the world again for the first time and be amazed by how it looks
  • there are really only two food groups that importantiant
    • MAC
    • cheese
  • when I was a kid and my mom said a hug would make it better it helped her as much as it helped me
  • you carry the memory of every rotten thing you did to your parents when you were young in your genes so that your children are born with knowledgeadge to BRING YOU DOWN when ever the time is JUST RIGHT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home