Monday, November 21, 2005

I've got to slip it up before the rush gets gone.

I built a KICK ASS BOX about 3 years ago for my home machine. I have then upgraded every piece in it to the max the system will take other then the CPU’s which I had upgraded once but blew out and had to go back to the old ones. Now I want to make one last upgrade to a new set of 2800 procs then let it stay there for the rest of its life. It has 2gb of ram which I could max out at 4 but I would have to pull out the current 2 and replace it all which I don’t want to do. But now that I am looking at a new box I have to really decide if I want to go mobile or keep the desktop. I have not found any good reason to go with a desktop. I can have the power I need on the mobile platform and also not have to worry about the things like upgrades and being tied to the desk. But it feels strange this will be the first big box I have bought for myself that I didn’t spec out and then put together. I must be getting old I am in a phase of my life where I want to worry about my piece of things and let others worry about the rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home