Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Florist Blogs

So I had this idea about using a blog to increases traffic to an eFlorist site ( really many eFlorist sites). It has been up for a month or more now and I am still not sure how well it is doing. It could be that I don’t write or it could be that it just doesn’t help. It could also be that google hasn’t found me yet. I am still getting hit upside the head every day by something new that google seems to do. For example I have a site for my personal art work and some other stuff called little big toe I have had it for a long long time and I checked it on google and it has been indexed but when I check the cache on google it has little big toe listed as having been cached on Jan 31, 2004 03:05:22 GMT. Why so long? I don’t know. I have another site Red Frog Labs and it has no cache but its all text and has been there for years as well. I don’t know I will have to look at this more in the days to come and see if I can find an answer. Another idea I had to get fresh relevant content on a site and to increases the rating is to include an rss feed on the site I have it working ok on the eFlorist test site the problem I have now is to find a floral web site that doesn’t promote any florist specifically. I have found a few I will look at and watch to see what type of news I can find. I also thought about adding a local rss feed to help increase the overall theme on the site. I don’t think it will be to hard to find local rss feeds about cities like New York or Atlanta or even Oklahoma city but little towns like Shawnee are hard to find things for I think just due to size. I will post as time permits on the findings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home