Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Do you ever wonder?

Someone asked me about my diatribe from yesterday so I thought I would explain a little more. I talk to a few florists during my work hours and some are doing some things with SEO and some are not. In the group of florists that are doing something some are doing a lot and some are doing very little. A few examples of sites that are doing things are Find a Florist from Teleflora, Sebastian Florist from Florida and 11Flowers a local florist in California. The neat thing about the last florist is he is doing a lot of different things with different sites he has one site that is hosted with Teleflora’s eFlorist program 11Flowers.com he also is trying to do what roses nation wide did with building another page that he has more SEO control of at Flora Rose. This is a great chance to see what part true SEO plays in order volume. I personally am so excited about it because I can use it as a demonstration of what can be done with a more open framework and hopefully use it to force change on the structure I work within today. If a site that doesn’t have as many constraints as the sites I work on have can do better then a site that has similar constraints to the sites I work then it might show to the powers that be the value of an open SEO friendly core system we can build on. it will be fun to watch and see what happens. I would also love to see other florists rise up and do this for there own shops or start there own large order gather site that is well marketed nationally and just sends them the orders there by making them the largest "OG" on the internet with the shop getting 90% to 100% of the order value.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you think of http;www.localflowershop.com ?

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mean: http://www.localflowershop.com

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home