Saturday, November 05, 2005

I know the names of men they had to hang.

So it’s a choice do you do what’s right or do you do what’s asked of you. No this isn’t some huge moral question its just a question relating to code. Someone posed the question to me if they should spend 20+ hours writing a block of code and classes to make a project work the way it should or if they should just do a little code writing by copy and paste. I personally believe its worth the 20+ hours invested to make it right over the “git er done” bullshit you see everywhere. I hate the idea that quick is better then good just because it gets it done faster. Its midnight and I spent the whole afternoon away from my wife and son just to make my own project correct over quick and I feel very strongly that everyone should have the same type of self respect that they wouldn’t put out crap just so they can say its done. Now I am going to lose my audience by digressing into the pit of profanity. Its fucking lazy as crap like that fucking “git er done” as crap shit that makes so many products suck big donkey dick. And after that I have to say I am glad that this is no longer a company sanctioned blog. A salesman I know tells me all the time you can have it three ways good, fast, or right and you can have any 2 you want but you can never get all three at once. I feel this is true for example I am righting code on a machine that I wouldn’t give to my 6 year old son to use but I am writing .net code on it. I am also running 2 test data bases. On a machine I wouldn’t use for a small linux router its so much a stemming pile of dog shit. But its not in the budget to get a new machine. The fuckers that take calls and run a phone app can have 1g of ram and a new p4 but the guys that write the code get a huge cock right up the ass and are told its just as good. For some reason I feel a little when you piss down my back and call it rain. Now I have to ask myself why am I so mad I could just work my forty and go home what the fuck I am wasting a good 10 minutes writing this piece of terd fuck right? But I am typing this over 40 minutes between builds of my project. And I don’t do just enough to get by. I am a good contractor I believe I should work until the project is done then I should stop but not before. And the pukes that think they can work forty and go home can choke on my tiny hairy nut sack as I slave away doing what needs to be done. Now I am going to start my last build and let it process as I go home to take a nap and then start on the pieces of this that can be done disconnected from the network so I can use my 2 year PC that I thought was just enough when I bought it and now is ready to be put out of its burning fucking ass loving life. And as bad as my home pc is it burns huge fucking holes in this piece of crap I use at work. I figured one day I lose about 90 minutes a day watching my work machine spin it tires that’s about 7.5 hours a week 30 a month or 9 weeks a year watching an hour glass on heavy work day. Not every day is that bad some days I only have to close outlook 7 times to free up resources instead of 20 some days I only reboot 2 times instead of every hour. But when you look at it as a whole my ass starts to pucker in anticipation of the ass raping I plan on getting every time I try and run some large job or process.

Goodnight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home