Sunday, November 13, 2005

XSLT ROCKS!!!!!

I have been playing with XSLT the last few days and it’s the best thing since sliced individually wrapped cheese. The biggest benefit of XSLT is the separation of business logic and presentation logic. This means that I can build the code and then change the code as many times as I need and not worry about what happens on the presentation side. I also have the ability to do the same thing on the look and feel side of things. The hardest part of working this way is keeping my logic out of my XSLT. I keep finding myself placing logic in the middle of my layout and then going back over it nad pulling those pieces back out. Now that I have a working model I am going back through the xslt and working on ditching the tables. That is another benefit of using XSLT it will allow my pages to be more standers compliant. All of this together and I have a clean easy site that is search engine friendly to boot. Once I have it finished it hope to be able to market this code to help market my soon to be built small SEO firm. If every thing goes well I will be bringing the beauty of XSLT to the masses with my own brand of SEO.

2 Comments:

Blogger leesepea said...

I don't know what any of this means, but I'm glad you're having fun with it.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Edith Han said...

it's mainly for myself... to compaire statistics and accounts from people in actual life that we interact with... and to see how many people are aware of how many people... male and female are sexually molested / raped by the age of 16...

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home